Are you looking for unique ideas for Valentine’s Day?
Does your sweetie love chocolate? Then they’ll love this Mint Chocolate Massage Oil Recipe with Cocoa Essential Oil!
This DIY massage oil recipe is the perfect way to relax with your sweetie after a romantic date night. Bonus points for making a massage oil for your sweetheart to create an intimate evening!
Making your own mint chocolate massage oil is easy! The recipe calls for just a few ingredients, and they are easily available online or at your local health food store. The cocoa essential oil is what makes this recipe smell like chocolate. This massage oil will leave your skin smooth and smelling delicious!
Here’s your recipe for Mint Chocolate Massage Oil. Feel free to play around with the essential oils, eliminating or swapping out the peppermint if you’d like a pure chocolate scent.
Mint Chocolate Massage Oil Recipe
To print this recipe, click on the printable version here.
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 8 drops cocoa essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
1. In a microwave or double boiler, melt the cocoa butter, almond oil, coconut oil, and honey together on low heat. If you’re using a microwave, start with 30 seconds, and then add 15 second increments so that you don’t overheat the oils.
2. Mix well while the ingredients are melting and don’t overheat. Heat the ingredients just until they turn into a liquid.
3. Once the mixture had liquefied, turn off the heat and stir in the cocoa essential oil.
4. Once your essential oil is thoroughly incorporated into the mixture, pour the mixture into in small glass jar and allow to cool.
The cocoa essential oil can be substituted for a different essential oil, depending on your personal preferences and desired effect. Essential oils have a variety of effects when used in an aromatherapy massage. Rose essential oil is another romantic scent that is popular for couple’s massage.
This recipe makes approximately 1/3 cup. If you have a favorite oil to use for massage, I’d love to hear what it is. Leave a comment below!
Do you like healthy skin care tips and recipes? Subscribe to emails to receive updates that I don’t share anywhere else. Enter your email into the form below.
[grwebform url=”https://app.getresponse.com/view_webform_v2.js?u=rMJ8&webforms_id=20140704″ css=”on” center=”off” center_margin=”200″/]
Form not displaying perfectly? You can also use the form here.