Looking for an epic green smoothie that’s packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients? You’ve come to the right place. We’ve now got a video to go with this recipe post!
It is becoming increasingly clear that chronic inflammation is the root cause of many serious illnesses – including Rosacea.
You’ve experienced what inflammation feels like – redness, heat, swelling, and pain. This kind of acute inflammation that occurs after you hurt yourself is part of the body’s healing response.
But when inflammation persists over a long period, it damages the body and causes a variety of illnesses. Stress, lack of exercise, genetics, and exposure to toxins in your day-to-day life can all contribute to chronic inflammation.
Dr. MaryAnne Harrington gave us some great tips in a previous post on how to reduce chronic inflammation in Reduce Chronic Inflammation to Prevent Disease. She emphasized that dietary choices play a big role in reducing inflammation.
With this in mind, we’ve combed through the current research about reducing Rosacea symptoms with diet. We’ve created an Epic Anti-Inflammatory Green Smoothie Recipe to share with you! It’s packed with the most anti-inflammatory foods that we’ve found.
If you don’t have everything, no sweat! You can omit or substitute and still get the benefits of this anti-inflammatory green smoothie. It works well as a quick breakfast smoothie to include in your Rosacea diet. You’ll need a mid to high powered blender to make this whole food smoothie nice and smooth.
Epic Anti-Inflammatory Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup of frozen fruit: blackberries, blueberries and/or cherries – vascular constrictors
- 1/2 cup of leafy greens: kale, spinach or chard (if smoothie consistency is too chunky, blend longer or reduce greens)
- 1/2 avocado – healthy fats
- 1 tablespoon Dulse seaweed flakes – micronutrient content
- 1 tablespoon Flax seed oil – omega-3s
- 1/2 inch piece of Ginger, peeled – helps blocks inflammation
- 1/2 cup chilled tea- Green, white, or oolong tea – antioxidants
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder
- sweeten to taste with Stevia or maple syrup
- 1 cup ice
1. Place all of your ingredients except for the ice in a high powered blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Add ice and blend until crushed. If the consistency is too thick, add more tea. The amount of liquid necessary will vary depending on protein powder type.
Note: If you add the ice too early, you won’t get a frozen consistency in a high powered blender – it will crush the ice into tiny pieces that will melt.
2. Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
This smoothie has quite a few ingredients. I like to think of it like a multi-vitamin for reducing inflammation. With some prep-work the night before, you can enjoy it even when you’re short on time in the morning.
To prep this smoothie the night before, add most of the ingredients in your blender cup and refrigerate it overnight. In the morning, add the frozen fruit, protein powder, and ice. Blend it up and head out the door!
If you liked this post, don’t miss out on our current articles! Subscribe to our email updates for more anti-inflammatory recipes and natural skin care tips.
2 thoughts on “Epic Anti-inflammatory Green Smoothie | Keto & Rosacea Diet Friendly”
Thanks I’m going to try this. What type of protein powder do you recommend?
Hi Jennifer, thanks for asking. There are several good organic protein powders that I rotate. Right now I’m using Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder in Vanilla Bean flavor, which is Vegan, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free. It’s available on smile.amazon.com and at Costco. It has a bit of a texture, but I like that it’s a plant based protein, and that it’s organic.