Why are new Moms choosing an organic makeover? When you become a Mom, the most important thing becomes the health of your children, right?
Our research suggests that organic products are many times better choices, for the reasons we’ll go into in just a minute. Product choice becomes important when you have children because you’d like to help to minimize your their exposure to toxic chemicals.
Health conscious Moms want to start making smarter choices about food, skin care products, and household cleaning products. This article is about supporting you in making informed decisions.
Many new Mothers want their families to live a more healthy lifestyle, but they’re not sure if buying organic is worth it.
We think that buying organic is definitely worth it, especially for new Moms. And that buying organic can be more affordable than you think. Here’s why…
An organic makeover includes the food and personal care products you choose. Now that you’re a Mom, you’re making choices from a different perspective, choices that influence the long-term health of your family and the environment they will grow up in.
We’re here to support you along your journey toward a more organic lifestyle. We like to call this journey a “Green Makeover for Moms.”
Green Makeover for Moms
Let’s start with why choosing organic for your skin care and personal care products is important for you and your children. Much of what we discuss here applies directly to food and household product choice as well. The first thing to remember is…
1. Our Skin is Similar to a Sponge
Simply put, what we put on our bodies is absorbed into our body.
We use most of our personal care and beauty products in the shower and right after we step out of it. Right when our children’s pores are open and their skin ready to absorb whatever we put on it.
We know the importance of taking care of our skin – that is, in fact, the reason that we use skin care products.
So choose organic products that are made with wholesome ingredients that contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Products that are free of harmful chemicals.
By using organic skin care products for yourself and your children, you can nourish the skin and reduce your exposure to toxins.
2. Your Baby is Constantly Touching You
Your baby touches your face a lot. and putting their hands in their mouth, right? You don’t want them ingesting chemicals and preservatives from your skin care products.
You can get all of the benefits of skin care products – anti-aging, antioxidant, deeply moisturizing, reducing fine lines, smoothing skin tone, adding color, etc. – without the harmful ingredients when you choose organic.
One of the reasons why organic products, such as Herbe Sois Calming Moisturizer, work so well is because they contain “whole plant” extracts whose components work together to create beneficial synergy.
3. Organic Skin Care is Better For Your Long Term Well Being
Using synthetic products and chemical preservatives may actually damage you and your children’s skin and health in the long run. While you may not notice any ill effects right now, long-term use of products containing certain chemicals may cause cancer and disrupt the endocrine system.
Our research suggests that organic products are healthier because they leave out industrial preservatives, pesticides, and fillers. Be good to yourself and your children by using products that are safe, and stay away from harmful and toxic ingredients.
4. Organic is Affordable
Don’t be discouraged by the notion that organic products are expensive. Often times, organic skin products are richer and you use less of them. This makes them last longer and actually more affordable than you’d think.
With our organic skincare, a little bit goes a long way because the products are concentrated. Organic Radiance Skincare products contain rich essential oils and plant based ingredients, making it so you only need to use a small amount see results.
All of ORS products are priced under $50. Not only is it affordable, it’s good for you and your kids!
5. Organic is Better For The Environment
When you buy organic products, you are supporting a system of sustainable agriculture that promotes the health of the Earth and all of its species.
By choosing organic, you choose to make the environment better for your children. Some toxins can contaminate soil and water for generations. Organic farming avoids polluting chemicals that can affect the environment, the health of farm workers, local people, and wildlife.
We show that we are committed to the environment in unique ways that large commercial product producers cannot.
Organic Radiance Skincare has a minimalist approach to packaging. We do not use cardboard boxes to package our products for sale because we know they get thrown out as soon as the product is opened. You get your products with minimal impact on the environment.
We even has a recycling incentive program where you receive a discount on your next product when you send in your clean Herbe Sois jar for a refill! We haven’t heard of anyone else that does that!
6. Organic is Safe For Animals
We believe that animals shouldn’t suffer for our beauty. Be mindful of the ingredients that go into your products.
If you are unsure whether your products are safe, start with this list to help you read ingredient labels and determine which ingredients to stay away from. Here are a few common ingredients that we stay away from.
- Parabens- linked to hormonal imbalances
- Synthetic Fragrances- many contain chemicals that are harmful to health
- Silicones- coat the skin, interfering with its natural function
- Mineral Oils- derived from petroleum, coat the skin, impeding its natural function and moisture doesn’t penetrate top layer of skin
- Propylene glycol- derived from petroleum
- Genetically Modified ingredients- long-term effects of usage are unknown
- Phthalates- reported to have toxic impact on humans and wildlife
- DEA- associated with known carcinogens
- EDTA- a powerful metal chelator, which does not biodegrade easily
Join us in choosing organic. Organic products are made without the use of synthetic fertilizers, and in turn help to lessen damage to our valuable water resources, combat climate change, and protect species diversity on our planet.
Organic food rich in nutrients and helps to minimize your children’s exposure to toxic and synthetic pesticides, fertilizers, and other chemicals.
On your organic makeover journey, it’s important to be mindful of chemicals when choosing all of the products your family uses, from skin care, to hair-care, and household products.
Whenever possible, choose organic products because they are safe, affordable, and good for the environment.
It’s your family, your future, and your planet. Choose organic.
Questions about your organic makeover? Leave a question in the comments. Don’t miss out on the latest in natural skin care. Subscribe to our updates for recipes, promo codes, and the latest skin care articles here.
- Neelam Muizzuddin, Kenneth D. Marenus, Daniel H. Maes. Factors defining sensitive skin and its treatment. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1046-199X(98)90020-3
- Alison F. Stallings, MDa and Mary P. Lupo, MD. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2009 Jan; 2(1): 36–40. PMCID: PMC2958188 Practical Uses of Botanicals in Skin Care.
- Thornfeldt C. Dermatol Surg. 2005 Jul; 31(7 Pt 2):873-80; discussion 880. Cosmeceuticals containing herbs: fact, fiction, and future.
- Lee KG, Shibamoto T. J Agric Food Chem. 2002 Aug 14; 50(17):4947-52. Determination of antioxidant potential of volatile extracts isolated from various herbs and spices.
- J Gabriel. 2008 The Green Beauty Guide: Your Essential Resource to Organic and Natural Skin Care, Hair Care, Makeup, and Fragrances